Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Kenneth Howard hates you...
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do people feel that they have to lie about the work that they have/have not done to their ride?!
I do not and never have lied about any of my accomplishments and I REALLY DO NOT appreciate it when others bold face lie about theirs. I would much rather have someone tell me the truth than to feel like they have to lie about it.
Especially on here of all places....why would someone feel that they had to lie about what they have done, where they work and what they have personally accomplished?!
I called someone out on this quite awhile ago and they came back very defensively at me about what they said was 100% true...then I find out tonight that we ALL have been lied to by someone that seems to be very popular on this board.
I am very disappointed and very disgusted that someone would feel like they had to lie to 15'000 fellow hotrodders to make themselve look/feel big. THAT IS SO, SO SAD!!!
When our little pain in the ars buddy HRK did this we banned him from the board for a few months as 'punishment' for being deceiptful and false to the fellow rodders of this board....but....do you think that this would happen to this person that I am talking about? No...because he is well liked and well reconized amongst several of us that have been here for a short time.
The internet isn't as great and vast as what some people would like it to be, or think that it is....
I sit here and shake my head in disgust and bite my tongue, because I have been lied to about very miniscule things.
So let me ask all of my fellow hotrodders this....
If someone posted on this board that they were building a project-ride, They posted pictures in their photoalbum and they claimed the work to be their own...BUT you find out otherwise, what would you do and how would you feel? Like I said, I am not saying who it is right away...I would like to see what your reaction would be first. And if you feel the same way as I do what would you do about it...should they be 'punished' like the HRK was in the past? or should you just let it slide?
Later,
WEIMER

·
Laissez les bons temps rouler
168 Posts
Its a shame

To lie to someone who is trying to help you out is a very serious deal. To lie to friends is unforgivable.

I believe this person should receive the same punishment that HRK received. It seemed to do him some good. Maybe punishing this person will make them realize what they are doing is wrong.

I must say, of the other message boards that I frequent, I really like this one the most. There is a wealth of information here. I will be taking advantage of all the information when I start working on my car. And the fact that you all do not tolerate liars and trolls really helps those that need help. It keeps the board focused.

Punish this person. :spank: let them know that they got caught. Bring them out in front of everybody. Let all members know that it will not be tolerated any longer.

Chris

Now, who is it?

·
Just one of the guys
3,080 Posts
Yep Weimer...I know where you are comin from. I despise a liar also. There is no reason to lie just to make yourself look big. Maybe what you are talking about should be brought to Jons attention in a PM and let him decide whether it should be aired for the rest of the members or not. It's happened before though other than this incident.

Kevin

·
Kenneth Howard hates you...
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sent a PM to JON about this and hopefully he will get back to me soon enough.
I am sorry about this sort of thing, I would LOVE to tell you guys about what I found out...but I think that I would rather wait until I get Jon's input on this first. Sometimes the harshest punishment can be from your peers not your superior.
I also have some information on a couple of people on here that are not what you think they are....Like I said...I am not on here to start a war, I am on here for the same reasons that everyone else is here...HOTRODS!
Later,
WEIMER

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Alright Guys, You found me out!
Im not really big N fat, but Im very good looking. I just was afraid that if all the Greaswhores on here found me and my great looks out, you other guys would get no responses on your post.Im really, really, really....The Fonz! AAAaaaaaaaayyyyeeeee. HG :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone who has to lie about what they have or haven't done is sad. It's even worse to take credit for someone elses hard work. I never lie about my work. My works too ugly to hide lol

Just realized theres a couple of us on this post from Ohio. Hiya Neighbors! :thumbup:

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
I'm curious now

Get the info out to the troop as soon as possible. Somebody's going to wish they had come clean before this happened! I wonder who it is, the plot thickeds and begins to stink too.

Todd

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Unfortuneately, not being truthful is an acceptable (to many) behavior.
It's seen everyday in politics, "I did not have sex with that woman", entertainment celebrities, sports figures and everywhere else. It's ingrained in our everyday lives.
It comes from the same prevalent philosophy to blame someone else for ones own actions. Do not accept responsibility for what you did , we'll blame it on TWINKIES.
If you have proof that someone has lied intentionally to mislead members, then that evidence should be presented and let the members decide for themselves. To allow a member to continue to intentionally mislead is just as bad. You're not in an enviable position...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have never been known as a liar. I feel with 7 kids the last thing I need to be is a liar! The type of picture that you paint for the little ones is important. Even small lies that they overhear can make them into BIG liars because they think it is ok and I feel that so many others(ADULTS) hear so many lies they think it is ok too. But, we all know it is not. I have never been one to have much but, we work with what we have. Any of our projects here are honest and true as all should be. Yes we are all allowed to be jealous but, don't let it push you to lying!
My 2 cents,
Mario

http://daddys1953.tripod.com

·
NYOFP4RJ3CHRIS
1,545 Posts
I can't decide right off the top of my head, but I'm sure it's someone whom I've given a little sniff to the things they've said or shown. ;) But then again, I hope it's someone I never expected and that this is the best investigating by you so far.:thumbup:

Man, don't do this to us....tell us who it is already! :evil:

·
doesn't play well with others
1,823 Posts
Re: Its a shame

Malibucdl said:
To lie to someone who is trying to help you out is a very serious deal. To lie to friends is unforgivable.

Now, who is it?
Amen to that! You know with all the BS we have to deal with I say if I was in your shoes it wouldn't even be a question as to what to do. Jon knows I would have that guys BS splattered all over the place. Whether it's a little BS or a lotta BS, it's BS. It's sad that we go out of our way to help people we feel we share a common bond with only to be jerked around by some. Fortunately as already stated we do have a great group here that far outweighs the BS'ers. I say speak up and let the members hash it out.

·
Premium Member
6,623 Posts
Well I guess the time to fess up has come...I really was hoping this secret would never get out but like all good things...it must come to an end.

I sincerely hope the good folks here don't hate me because of what I have done, I didn't do it to hurt anyone. I'm truly sorry, if that would make any difference. During my rough and tragic life I have had to face many hardships and tribulations, you could say I have built up a sort of defense against others so they will never truly know me. Not many people would take me seriously if they really knew who I was

I don't know how you found out Weimer but I guess all that doesn't matter now. Again folks, I hope you can accept my apologies.

Not only am I not black...but as you can see...I'm not as old as I claimed either.

I only ask for your forgiveness...dudes.:eek:

·
Registered
112 Posts
ROFLMAO:D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Very cute:thumbup:

·
Be the MIRACLE!
363 Posts
found out!

No it's not any of you guys, it's me. Here's a picture of my car I got for my 16th birthday from my parents for being a good boy! Don't pay any attention to the license plates or the guy Weimer found on the internet that claims he owns it. It's all lies, lies I tell you!

Hey 406 Astro, I'm just down the street from you. Always come over to the Lake Fest in July. May see yuh there sometime. Very cute baby (fathernad son 53) 7 young'uns whew! Are you hot rodding a bluebird bus?:D Chuck and Chickie from the looks of your pics you guys need to grow up! Literally and Hemmie you hunk I'll be over to see you tonight, hubba hubba!:mwink: ahahahahahaahahahah! I knew I couldn't post all that without laughing.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.