Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK heres the deal i have a 91 chevy s-10 4wd with a 4.3 When i go to start it in the morning when the engine is cold it fires right up,and it idles ok. Then i go out drive a little mabye 5-10 min. come home,then it doesnt idle very well and wants do die and sometimes it does. I have just replaced the fuel filter b/c i thought thats what it was but that isnt it. also, i have had the ignition module tested. it was ok. any one have anymore ideas?

thanks to anyone that can help.
Clint Knox

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey guys thanks for the info but i got it figured out. i got to looking at the plugs that go to the ignition module and they were all corroded real bad. so i used some battery cleaner and a small wire brush cleaned them up then loaded them up with dielectric grease slapped it all back together and its good now.
kinda weird how it only did it when it was hot tho.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i dont know its starting to do it agian. it aint the fuel pump or the fuel filter so i am not for sure. od you think that the ignition module could be the problem just the tester they have at auto zone. didnt show it?
otherwise i have no other ideas on the cause of this. anyone else have any ideas?

·
wind & fire = guides to power
1,529 Posts
(yours is fuel injected right?)
Have you checked the EGR valve? if they stick open it will that very effect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.