Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
18,437 Posts
You mean, since 1960?

Strombergs, back then were a dime a dozen, they were easy to work on and worked fairly well..

·
Registered
721 Posts
Mesure the bores in the base plate. If I remember right the 97s had the largest bore of all the old one barrels and that made them the most popular. I remember buying a tri power set up with stromberg 97s for my 57 Ford 312 engine back in 1964 and all the old timers that I showed mentioned that the 97s were the best carbs to use.:thumbup:

ps: I was 17 at the time and put it on my engine and the thing would only go to half throttle and about 40mph. I took it to the local old timer hot rod shop, they had quite a good time with me. It seems I had hooked the linkage up backwards. Instead of opening the two end carbs at half throttle it was trieing to shut the already shut carbs.:spank: :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Stromberg 97 was the carb of choice for your 37. If you have one, by all means use it. If you have more than one, the put them on EBay and get enough money to buy more parts. Put a minimum bid of $120 if they are good carbs and see what kind of action you get.

Trees

1 - 9 of 9 Posts