Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.hotrodders.com/t53263.html

That was actually an ok thread, at least it was car related. Towards the end there was a small discussion about V8 conversion Porches, more interesting that most of whats in the lounge.

I demand to know whose clouded judgment let that this happen. :)

·
Hotrodders.com Administrator
3,201 Posts
I Dumped it.

Another younger member who just arrived here, wanting to start yet another import trash-talking thread. This is the exact type of thread that gets Dumped. And, this is the exact type of reason that we are discussing limiting Lounge posting to people who have taken the time and effort to establish a reputation on other parts of the board.

Ghetto Jet -- If you're not willing to put forth respect and occasional minor deference, without any hints of sarcasm, backtalk, or the need to get the last word in every time, then you're not going to be welcome here.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
Jon,

I know Ghetto (mike) probably a little better than you (no flame, just saying we're friends and I have a good handle on his personality). Unless I'm mistaken, I think he was asking and trying to be sarcastic. Sometimes it comes off a little skewed with the black and white interface....

No offence intended, unless I'm sorely mistaken.

I think the smile was the sarcasm cue-

K

·
Hotrodders.com Administrator
3,201 Posts
kf -- I appreciate the interpretation, especially considering you know Ghetto Jet better than I do.

But I still disagree. This thread is sarcastic, right from the title. He's got to show deference. Not often, and not a lot of it. But every once in a while, a post with zero sarcasm and just basic respect would be greatly appreciated -- and it would go a long way.

·
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well yea thread has light hearted, humorous, sarcastic tones in it with, no intention of being disrespectful to you Jon. I threw some sarcasm in because I didn't want it to be taken in a manner that would require you, to sit and type an in depth, serious response. But I got the answer that I wanted (plus a little extra.)

Jon if this post offended you I don't know what to tell you. Other than it couldn't be anymore offensive than saying that...

"If you're not willing to put forth respect and occasional minor deference, without any hints of sarcasm, backtalk, or the need to get the last word in every time, then you're not going to be welcome here.

I mean I'm pretty well liked on here and do contribute a fair amount to the tech forums considering my experience level.

The largest downfall to typing is that your words are not always interpreted by the reader the way the same way they would be if I were saying it to you in person. This thread is a prime example of that.

I'm sorry I that I wrote the original thread in way that it could be taken the wrong way.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i dont understand the censorship here...if you wnat to trash imnports, be my guest...if you dont, then you dont have to participate...whats the big problem? just because you dont like it doesnt mean that you have the right to take it off over the other people that want it to stay. am i right, or am i being too realistic?

·
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jon said:
Thanks Ghetto Jet -- I appreciate the effort to make things smooth! Means a lot to me.

It means a lot to me that it means a lot to you.

Glad everything is cool npw.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts