Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am thinking of getting one of those wideband controllers that can give a read out of your air/fuel mixture. Something like this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0370126209&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

So, does anyone have any experience and or success with these? Do you have to actually mount the sensor in the exhaust or can you just lay it in the exhaust pipe for temporary use? I wouldn't really want to keep it in on the car, just while tuning.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wideband

I have the digital version of that AFR meter.... Actually I have 2 of them one for each exhaust. You have to mount them like 28-32" downstream from the heads on your car for best readings. Mine are always on so I can get a tune for the day at the track. The air changes so does the reading on the meter.
Also best tune is with car under load at the 1/4 mile to see where you are from idle to wot at top end.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw that digital one too, which would probably be best for easy readability.

What I am really looking for though is a device I could clamp on or put in my tailpipe to take readings from. I know this would not be accurate at low RPMs but would be accurate at higher RPMs. I really need a portable device like this because I would like to tune my car and a couple of others with it.

Do you know of anything like this that is available?

Thanks,
Jason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.