Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Wieland 2p 180 on my 302. It is in a 72 bronco used for occasional street use. I have the block out for a repair and was questioning if I should be using this intake. I found a couple Edelbrock performer intakes on craigslist for $50 to $75.

The intake came with the truck so I dont know how it changed performance. Is that intake okay for street use? I could not find much info but what I found was that it was good for 0 to 6000 rpm. The only problem I have is that it is a little tall and have to run a drop base air cleaner with a 2" element.

I wouldn't mind better MPG but don't want to go as far as the stock 2bbl setup.

Should I stick with he Eieland and save a few bucks or make a switch?

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
Even if you made a full mpg improvement it would take 1 or 2 years to make up the money to buy the different intake. The 4 bbl should give you better mileage than the stock 2bbl. Most improvements in gas mileage is driver related

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Definitely not worth it for 1 to 2 MPG. If it was a couple MPG and much better performance I would think about it.

I am running a edelbrock 1405 (with the electric choke conversion).

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
The Performer would not give a mileage improvement over the intake you have,there are some things to play with in your 1405 if you use the Bronco off road.If you do not already have headers I would add them SBF factory heads do not breathe all that well and can use the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.