Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Almost looks like a concept car/truck/bus from the 50's.

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
Looks like a theme motor home from the 40's or 50's .

It has friction shocks, when did they quit using those? It looks like a truck chassis of some kind.

They have one on permenant display at the Pleasanton fairgrounds that is all aluminum and looks kind of like an armadillo. (look for it hidden behind the railroad building) Has willy's running gear under it. The construction looks amazingly similar to that Ebay one.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
This is typical construction of 30s-40s motorhome predecessors. It could also have been a tour bus in some kind of amusement area. The shocks are not friction, they are Delco or Houdaille or Armstrong lever arm hydraulic shocks. The chassis is probably a forward control delivery truck, similar to a milk truck, or could be a car chassis due to X-member in photo. Most trucks had a simple ladder frame.
I've seen numbers of these wonderful machines, both dead and alive. If I could pack one more thing in my garage I'd be on the bidder's list, for sure.
Imagine tooling into the Street Rod Nationals in that magnificent piece!! OHHHHHHHH YYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Heh - the ultimate SUV. Put it on a modified Suburban chassis, smooth out the bodywork, give it a killer interior, paint it to look like the front half of a 747, from the airline of your choice, and cruise heck out of it. For authenticity, use 3 rows of salvaged airline seats (from First Class of course) in the back. Just imagine the conversations you'll have at the gas station...

:cool:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Weird AirBus found under"area51"ebay search

At the Risk of being , Politically , inccorrect ? I would sell it too some one, of middle eastern descent ! :evil: Sean

1 - 11 of 11 Posts