Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week ago I had my tranny rebuilt. it seems to be working great good hard shifts. But when I am sorta coasting along at 30 ish and I give it a little gas it seems to not want to move. Its almost as if it is bogging down or something. I think the tranny is shifting ok. it almost seems like its getting too much fuel or something. There is this rod that looks like a bolt in a case with a wire attatched to it. The bolt part goes up to the throttle linkage part but it isnt touching it and doesnt move when i give it gas. the car is an 88 caprice with a sbc 350 and 4barrel carb. I dont think the tranny is upshifting on me but thats almost what it seems like. As if i had a stick and up shifted too early. It just sounds odd I hope i explained it good its not easy to describe. If someone could atleast give me a direction as to what i should be looking at. As far as carb or tranny or who knows what that would be great.

·
Registered
60 Posts
it is kind of hard from the part explaination, but sounds like your downshift cable is not hooked up, or is not adjusted correctly.
your downshift cable, manually pulls the transmission to a downshift position when given enough pedal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts