Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
NEVER use credit cards!
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally after like a year since her last one she gotta nother one, at the Auto Toggery shop down the street. 8 hours a day and $15/hr!!!!! yeah, if she gets a couple of full paychecks in before the guy finishes painting our camaro, maybe we will be able to keep the sob!!!! whheeeee. (ooops, i may have wet myself)

on the Mother Dearest front, my mom kept calling me her brother and asking me (him) if i had talked to myself (her son) and how come he wasn't home! who's not home? god, just a step away from her asking me who i am every ten minutes. worst of all, her brother died five years ago.:drunk:

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Congrats to your wife. $15 an hr. and nothing to shake a stick at. Sorry to hear about your mom losing more memory.

What's Toggery?

Larry

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrats on the wife's job!!!

Sorry to hear about the mom, I am sure that is hard on the entire family.

--

Like coldknock said....what is a toggery?

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Congrats Bull!!!
I like how you tied this into rods.....:thumbup:
how's the camaro coming?

as a nurse working with alzheimers patients,....... the "right" thing to do, according to "the" man, is to reorient the confused patient to reality. even if it's every five minutes......

we have a little lady thats been on a ''cruise'' for five years......

it's more fun being on a cruise than in hell. or iin a nursing home. so i just go along for the ride!!!! wheeeee!!!!!!!:welcome:

·
Registered
159 Posts
my mom kept calling me her brother and asking me (him) if i had talked to myself (her son) and how come he wasn't home! who's not home? god, just a step away from her asking me who i am every ten minutes. worst of all, her brother died five years ago.
Hey Bullheimer, I know what you're going through. My Grandmother had Senile Dementia before she died and was always asking how I was (I was the one she was talking to) and calling me Joyce (my Mom's name). Then she would go on to tell me that she had six sons and would ask how they were doing (still assuming I was my Mother). For some reason, she could always remember my son's name, who was only about 6 months old the last time we visited her. She died shortly after that visit at the age of 92. Tough lady and it was very hard to see her that way. Try to be patient with your Mom. Believe me, it's not like she has a choice.

Glad you guys are getting back on your feet. We struggled for many years just to get on our feet. I think we've finally made it. (Long story). Things are at least getting easier now.

Take care and wish your wife good luck on her new job.

Chickie.

·
or Jeff, or Doc, or...
989 Posts
Sam-
Sounds like Home is getting better! Gonna miss the stories! (Must have been the Karma from the bees nest) ( or you sold your tools!)

Cheer up about Mom. Alzheimers is pretty cruel, but their isn't alot you can do. The worst thing is, you never know who your friends are. Their is a silver lining though. Your always meeting new people! :rolleyes:

OK, so they are bad jokes. Just trying to lighten you up a bit!
:thumbup:

·
NEVER use credit cards!
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks, as usual great support group.

i think technically TOGGERY is strickly spozed to be car tops. that is convertible tops, which are canvas, which is what my wife was doing for business, boat tops/windows. they also do the vinyl tops. where she is they have spread out to more upholstery. my wife is doing somebodys chairs right now, and i think they do car seats and i'm not sure if they do other stuff like door panels. but my wife does them too. she just got another boat job of her own. at a dock on a beautiful slough down by everett and hwy 2. she's doing a top as well as all the panels around under the dining table and redoing all the seats.

my mom really is seemingly going fast. she has been at my sisters now for about 6 weeks and i am thinking that we are gonna have to swap her back and forth to give each other a break. but now my wife works a real job so wont be home to watch her like before, i guess my sis is stuck with her.

i just called my body shop. the rocker patch panels he ordered 3 weeks ago still havent showed and are on back order so nothing has been done in the 10 weeks the car has been there. that is kinda good news it means the wife will have the money to buy the new glass, carpet, rocker mouldings, door sills, and the extra labor. we want to keep the car. maybe i can have my Indian running so i can sell it for alot more too. thanks guys, hope i answered everyones Q's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts