Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any information or know of a way to contact a company called Wild Ride Factory? I believe they are makers of glass car bodies or maybe they assemble glass body cars. The only pic I have is of a decal on a firewall.

Attachments

·
Gotta love a turbo!
2,648 Posts
Does anyone have any information or know of a way to contact a company called Wild Ride Factory? I believe they are makers of glass car bodies or maybe they assemble glass body cars. The only pic I have is of a decal on a firewall.
Your sticker says "Wild Rod", not Wild Ride, and it appears to have a (partially hidden) web address and phone number?

Russ

·
Gotta love a turbo!
2,648 Posts
They may be defunct, that link states "WILD ROD FACTORY in St jean de la lande de beauc is a company that specializes in Mineral Wool. Our records show it was established in Quebec." Doesn't sound like anything to do with cars unless it's a sticker for sound/heat matting.

Russ

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,325 Posts
There is still someone who makes fiberglass bodies?

Brian

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your sticker says "Wild Rod", not Wild Ride, and it appears to have a (partially hidden) web address and phone number?

Russ
Dang...you are absolutely correct..Wild ROD. There is a web site for Wild Rod Factory but it appears it has been mostly taken down. All the info is missing. But it appears it was a company in Canada that produced glass 37 fords. Thanks to all for helping.

·
Registered
6 Posts
wild rod

they are no longer in business, they made a very swoopy looking 37 ford coupe boby, at the end they made a 37 coupe with a 40 ford front end, I owned one for a couple of years, had a 485hp zz4 in it , fast for a light car, I'm enclosing 3 pics of my wildrod, as they only made 3 before there demise, Tom

Attachments

·
Capt Mike
253 Posts
Superior Glass Works in Molalla burned to the ground a few years ago.

They manufactured FRP (Fiberglass( & Carbon Fiber bodies and a long list of parts.

I picked up my Carbon Fiber body a week or so before the fire. On of my one piece front ends was in this fire but survived with minimal damage. I was in the center of the floor still in the mold, and nothing fell on it.

Great products, they are missed.

Michael.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they are no longer in business, they made a very swoopy looking 37 ford coupe boby, at the end they made a 37 coupe with a 40 ford front end, I owned one for a couple of years, had a 485hp zz4 in it , fast for a light car, I'm enclosing 3 pics of my wildrod, as they only made 3 before there demise, Tom
Thanks Tom. A few months ago I talked to the people in Quebec and they gave the information about where the molds ended up. A guy in Texas has the molds and can probably supply SOME parts. His website is wild37s.
I also talked to James Combs who did most of the leather interiors. But I can not seem to find out who owned my car before me. Dealer is closed mouth and I have researched and even talked to the original registration people win MA....they are closed mouth also. Anyway I still love the car.

·
Wild37s
3 Posts
Actually we are in business. I bought the molds out of Canada years ago. They are in the US now.

Robby

·
Administrator
9,764 Posts
Actually we are in business. I bought the molds out of Canada years ago. They are in the US now.

Robby
I removed your Business contact info. You must be a paid vendor to post commercial contact information.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts