Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1950 Chevy 3800 one ton pickup. I just dragged it out of the trees. Now I'm looking around for parts and can't find much for one ton parts. I got an LMC truck book on the 1/2 and 3/4 ton. I'd like to stay with the one ton frame and all with the 8 bolt hubs. Im planning on putting a 454 into it. Just need to know any info on part interchanging. Thanks!!

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,459 Posts
First off, what parts are we talking about? MANY will interchange like door parts and grille and headlights. I was thinking the change to the front fenders and hood and such was at 1 ton but it's more like 2 ton. I am pretty sure the 1 ton is all the same as the 3/4 ton outside of springs axles.

I am pretty sure the frame, bed, running boards and aprons are the same 3/4-1 ton which are longer than the 1/2 ton. The fenders are all the same front and rear, tail gates the same too.

So to answer your question more clearly, all the cab, fenders (front and rear), hood and grille on the 1/2-1 ton are the same. The frame, running boards and aprons are the same 3/4 and 1 ton.

Brian

·
Registered
155 Posts
One ton trucks had a 9 foot bed so running boards at least will be different, there are no disc brake kits for the 8 lug hubs but some have put later 3/4
rotors over the stock hubs but that leaves you with ball bearings. The 1/2 ton
axle should be an easy swap if you want tapered bearings and disc brakes.
Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.