Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pure American Muscle
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Yet again I have another question it seems I am never at a loss. I wanted to thank all those who helpped with my last problem. So after finding out it will work. I called the company that I planned on getting the heads from and they only had one set left. AFR 195 74 cc chamber only differance was it has angle plug heads. Now I know some people have problems with angle plug heads. I just was wondering iff I could use my headers I have will them (Hooker headers long tube for straight plug). Some say it is easier to fit with angle plugs others have more trouble. There is alot of room in the Chevelle (71) the only place the headers are close to anything is the steering wheel shaft. What I really wanted to know is
1. will the headers I have work.
2. will I have to buy special headers:smash:

Thanks again everyone!

Chris

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Call Hooker and ask them. Give them your headers part number and tell them what heads you want to use and they'll tell you yes or no.

(270) 781-9741

Larry

·
Pure American Muscle
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to the Hooker Header website and looked up my number looks like it will NOT fit angle plug heads. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to make the headers I have fit. How much worse does angle plugs really make it?

Chris

·
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter
2,643 Posts
I used straight plug headers on my angle plug heads. First you will need short plugs, I use the accels. The header co. sent me a bare flange plate, I used gaskets on both sides, which gained a little more than 3/8 inch. I used Taylor 90* plug wires. At the time I couldn't find any SS headers for the angle plugs. This set up has been on the car for 8 years or so and works good. I think I have a picture that shows how I did it.

Troy

·
Pure American Muscle
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Troy
I never thought about that just spacing the headers out a little. Any idea where I can find a spacer like that. Only down side i can see is that the bolts will need to be longer but that would work well if I could just get that and save me the cost of buying headers for that. I guess it's hard to tell till the heads are in place and your ready to stick the headers on. Ahh yes what a crazy world. lol

·
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter
2,643 Posts
I called the header co. and they sent them to me.:thumbup:
Good Luck.

Troy;

1 - 6 of 6 Posts