Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im building a 350 SBC and im using a stock stroke, std. main. std. rod scat 4130 forged steel crank, it said it requires the use of "chamfered" bearings, now ive already got an engine kit it cam with sealed power bearings, will these work. here are what are stamped on the bearings......

Rods - 2555-CP F/m Std.
Main - 3201-CP F/m Std.
Thrush - 3202-CPBU F/m Std.

let me know guys, and if these bearings wont work with my application which bearings should i buy. thanks

·
Registered
9,050 Posts
If you want to use those bearings. You will have to hand chamfer the outer edges. This can be done with a very sharp knife or a chamfering cone. Outer edge of the rod bearing and both sides of the mains. The thrust would be the hardest to do. Otherwise you will have to purchase the correct sets.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I would suggest just getting the correct bearings. Clevite H series and federal mogul performance bearings are all chamfered. You will know what you got by what you paid probably. The bearings I listed will run you $100 or so for the set. The others are less than half that.

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.