Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I was given some vortec heads and was wondering if these valve springs I have below will work on these heads. Meaning can I just put them on the heads without machining the spring seats??? I seen on EBAY on Alex's Parts he sells a kit that have the same O.D. and he says the fit right on the heads with no machine work. Can I use the ones below????

Thanks Guys.

Valve Spring Info:

1.265'' Dia. Single H-11 Valve Springs,
Seat Load: 130lbs @ 1.700''
Open Load: 395lbs @ 1.150''
Coil Bind: 1.050''
Max Lift: .610''

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok guys thanks. Im just gonna buy that kit through Alex's Parts that gaurantee no machine work needs done to obtain .550 lift. I think that would probably be about the limit on lift numbers with vortecs any and that would be fine with me.

:thumbup:Thanks guys for the help:thumbup:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am going to get new studs but is there a way that I can get the pressed studs out myself. Also I have some 2.02 and 1.60 valves I am going to use. How much of a difference does those bigger valves have over 1.94 and 1.50 valves.

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
if you plan to get new rockers? turn a rocker upsidedown reistall the jam nut and washer with an impact gun until the studs pull out.
the 202 valves are not worth the effort to install in vortec heads

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.