Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Greg, We live in Fla. and I'm looking to build either a 33 willys or 41 willys. I plan on using a S-10 frame, with a good fiberglass bodie. I'd like suggestions on using a S-10 frame and what is best fiberglass bodies. I need strong stuff as I plan using a Blown Big Block as a Pro-Street Hot Rod, I welcome all feedback

·
Premium Member
8,453 Posts
Welcome. I REALLY like your choice of car! You should post technical questions in tech forums - this one should be in General Technology forum. This forum is for general introductions only.

I would SERIOUSLY reconsider using an S10 frame. It would be totally incompatible with the Willys - too wide, too long (Willys only had 100" to 104" wheelbase), and too massive. There are very good and stout frames on the market designed for mega-HP and designed specifically to go under a pre-war Willys body.

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
Oh yeah!!!

Those are really cool cars

Take a look at these guys..they are in fla and it would be well worth it to take the drive over there to see what they have..

http://www.usbodysource.com/

as far as chassis is concerned I believe it would be actually cheaper and better if you got a chassis kit from Art Morrison..

By the time you modify some sort of stock chassis you will have more into it than if you started with the good stuff in the first place..That is unless you have serious fabricating skills and equipment and like that sort of thing..

OMT

Good Luck..keep us posted :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts