Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 49 chevy truck,i want to put in 1/4" glass, it has 3/8". the channel felt is 3/4" wide and 5/8" deep original. i've looked in glassshop accessory books for channelfelt, can't find what i'm looking for. 3/4" wide 1/4" slot 1/2"deep plus i know that the scrapper has to be thicker to make up the difference for glass thickness.is there any body you know that has info or parts
thankyou
scot

·
Registered
369 Posts
You might try JC Whitney <a href="http://www.jcwhitney.com" target="_blank">www.jcwhitney.com</a>
They have all kinds of window channels. Don't know for sure if they have it. But they have alot of differant kinds

·
First name...............Shawn
631 Posts
I checked our catalogs at the shop today and found this:

3/4" at the widest point

9/16" Overal Heighth, 1/2" deep channel for the glass

Width inbetween felt is 3/16", overall width is about 5/16", should work well for 1/4" glass

For more info, email [email protected] or reply here.

·
First name...............Shawn
631 Posts
Contact Shawn @:

Krist Kustoms
5436 Old Maumee Road Unit 1
Fort Wayne, IN 46803

260-749-7193
<a href="http://www.kristkustoms.com" target="_blank">www.kristkustoms.com</a>

I sent you an e-mail too, don't know why you couldn't e-mail me, that was the correct address. FYI, I will be out of the shop on Monday and on the road visiting a few customers and potential customers. Feel free to leave a message, I will be checking my machine frequently throughout the day, and I can return your call ASAP.

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
Shawn,
I was looking at some of the pics of the interiors that you have done. Nice, very nice. One question...on the Toyota pickup it has a custom console. What is it made out of? If you can drop me an e-mail telling me about it. I am interested in building a console for my Silverado. I also have some other questions I want to ask but that will do for now. I might be talking to you about doing some work. You are only about 3 hours from where I'm at.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Your 49 has a metal framed window glass and no vent windows, I believe. This is what requires the wide channel. You should be able to find a narrow slot but wide sidewall channel to replace the originals. Check a local old-time family owned glass shop. They should be able to help you out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts