Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both power windows go up and down fine, a little slow, but still good. However when going back up, they get to the top the top of the window touches the roof, and stops, but the window is crooked. Leaves about a 1" gap in the front of the window, and a 1/2" gap in the back on both sides. (Low in the front, high in the back). Just wondering if there is an easy way to fix this? I've looked at it several times, not sure if theres any adjustment screws or the like anywhere?

86 camaro

·
Registered
290 Posts
Power Windows

If what Poncho said does not help make sure that the black plastic guides are on the part of the glass that slides in the window channel tracks. I believe the Camaro had them like many GM vehicles. Look at the front & rear edges of the glass. If you can see a small hole in the glass then the guides have come off. Those are a fairly common stocking item at any GM dealer. When you snap them on the glass they "Lock" the glass in the slide channels to keep the glass straight & aligned.:thumbup:

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Try silicon spray in the guides on each side and maybe that will free up the window to go up evenly. It does sound like something is worn out but you would have to pull the door panel and CK the guides and see what things need to be replaced.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea.... I pulled the panel and thats what it is... lots of small disc shaped pieces of plastic about the size of the quarter with clips on one side are sitting inside the bottom of the door.... So I have to put these back into the holes in the window? Ill try that spray idea as well. Thanks :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts