Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The switch on my car a 81 TA is a 3 speed switch pulse to high.When i put the wipers on pulse and to low and to high it works fine,but when i go to the off position,the wipers work on slow speed,if i use the washer mode they also work fine and turn off back to hidden off position.Now in pulse or high or slow speeds the system works fine only when i go to shut them off in the off position the wipers are in slow mode, the only way to get them off is to shut off ignition and restart to set the wipers back to the hidden park positon.Sorry about the run on and i hope this makes sense.Thanks all Tazz.

·
Registered
232 Posts
wiper motor

looks like it has been 3 weeks since you posted your question. if you haven't repaired it by now, lets see what you have . does it have a round wiper motor, if it does the problem is a magnet switch mounted under the washer pump cover. i don't know if the switch is still available or not. it is not a job for someone that has not done this before, the motor has to be put in the run position and while it is running , you need to unplug the motor. this put the switch in the open position. unbolt the switch and slide it out from the motor. there several wires soldered to the switch and a resistor board. don't break the resistor board. if this sounds too involved you need to get a rebuilt motor.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Doc here, :pimp:

Sounds like the internal limit Park switches are broken or have slipped their mountings.

Get a rebuild kit OR replace the motor. The easy route is get a Good Bone yard Motor and transmission. (probably cheaper too..)

Doc :pimp:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.