Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first time on a site like this, so please bear with me. I'm looking for a windshield rubbers and seals for a 1922 Overland open touring, is there any place anybody knows of where I can go for this?

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Well this is one of those things where you really need to know the right people.

Your dealing with a 1922 here and your not talking a Chevy or Mercedes that has the support to justify the molding process.

I would start with contacting a few people in the links below being very patient.

If you have the old weatherstripping to work from then you may find something similar to have custom molded.

Know that your going to come across some expensive weatherstripping. Having it custom molded may be less costly.

A expensive option may be to use Chevy or Ford weatherstripping from the same style windshield and then modifying it. You may destroy 2 pieces to make one. But it may give you a easier to find option as far as replacing the weatherstripping.

I hate to say use universal weatherstripping on something I imagine is a beautiful car. But if you have the old weatherstripping you can find very similar new weatherstripping with the same dimensions. They make almost anything you can think of weatherstripping wise today.
It will not be molded or correct. But when finding the correct stuff is near impossible using something universal that could be a fraction of the cost and is functional a last resort option to consider.

·
Administrator
10,121 Posts
Likely will have to match up a rubber seal for the glass. In early cars there were not a lot of different styles of rubber seals I would think. Years ago I used Steele Rubber products. What Steele did not have, usually Metro Molded Rubber had for my Crosley cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts