Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My next project being a 50 Chevy panel truck, I planned on using Steele Rubber products. When I looked at their 2002 catalog I came across this statement, quote "The Steele Rubber Products listed in this catalog are designed for antique and collecter vehicles (i.e. those cars or trucks only used on a very limited basis, and are not used as a means of daily transportation or commercial use)" I don't own, or want to own, a vehicle thats not subject to being a daily driver. I have never used Steele products, is there products out there that are better or is this just a disclamer???? Help!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here are a couple of sites that can supply what you need without any disclaimers.
http://www.heavychevy.com/html/glass.html

·
Registered
517 Posts
It probably is just a disclaimer. Try RB's Obsolete. They have all the rubber stuff you need.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Steele Rubber products are probably the highest quality rubber products on the market. I've used them in the past and have been very happy with them. On the other hand I wouldn't pay a plug nickel for anything from RB's.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I think you'll find that the rubber products from RB's are from Steele. :cool:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I tend to agree with Jalopy, I think you'll find just about any rubber part made for something other than a Ford (which Steele does not manufacture rubber for) will come from Steele and be sold thru another outlet. Steele is one of the very few manufacturers of rubber parts. I have used their rubber parts on several cars and trucks over the years and other than ordering the incorrect part,(not their fault) have never had a problem with the quality of the part I bought. I don't understand why they would print such a disclaimer, I assume they have good reason. I still think they have the best product for the money on the market for Non-Ford rubber parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts