Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´ve just booked my flight and will be leaving Barcelona
next Tuesday, 9 November and will be attending the races at Pomona.
Is it best I buy my tickets up front or is paying at the gate
an easy deal, can I expect long queues?
Would it be worth it to attend everyday or just make the Saturday and Sunday races?
Finally are pit passes extra?
:drool:

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Best to guy your tickets in advance if possible.better choice of seats if you want reserved.Pits at the drags are open to spectators FREE of charge.At least all the events I have been to were free.Never been to Ca.but I do not think NHRA will change policy from track to track.If this is your first NHRA drag event,word to the wise.When the Top Fuel,or Funny cars burnout,you do not need to cover your ears.When they stage,and the light drops,trust me,COVER YOUR EARS!!Or else you will be talking the way I just typed.Man you feel it in your chest when those bad boys go by.You'll have a good time.Make sure you hang out in the pits.You will catch drivers walking around,getting snacks next to you in line and they will talk to you if they have time.

·
Registered
721 Posts
By all means Buy you'r tickets as soon as you can, go to NHRA.com and follow the directions. This race is a big deal on the west coast and sells out fast. Make sure NOW that you can still get tickets. Most tracks do have a supply of tickets for sale at the gate on race day, But the bigger the race the more people buy their tickets in advance and the smaller the supply of gate tickets there are. Do you have a place to stay yet?? Hotels/motels fill up fast to. It would be a real bummer to come all the way over here and not get to go... If all goes well; Buy a small cooler and fill it with ice and non-alcholic beverages (water, pop, juice). You can buy beer inside the track but can't bring it in. Bring foam ear plugs, sunglasses, shade hat and a smile. Be ready for LINES! for everything, to get in, food, bathrooms, Beer, everything. Be ready for $3.00 hot dogs and $5.00 hamburgers. But most of all go all over and see everything, it's a blast and worth every penny spent. You'll love it and when it's over you will start planning for next year. If they have Fri nite qualifieing go fri/sat/sun if Not just go sat/sun. Nitro at nite is awsum!!! :thumbup:

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
Just got back from NHRA in Las Vegas, you're in for a treat. Pomona has huge crowds, I've been there twice. Parking is plentiful, you may have to walk a bit. Get there early. Fri is good for the street classes, alcohol cars, etc. Late Fri, around dusk, they may bring some fuelers out. sat and Sun is a must. The noise of the fuelers is indescribable until you experience it, It's what I imagine being by a bomb going off. Ontario, Ca. is just up the road from pomona, it may be easier to get a room there. Also has In n Out burger, a must treat. A 20 min. drive in slow traffic on the freeway, not bad, 10 minutes if traffic is flowing. Many of the race teams stay there. There's a peanut type of bar and restaurant in old Pomona, Can't remember the name of it but any local will know, Good food, cheaper drinks, and some of the crews maybe there. You'll have a blast. Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.