Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I desperatley have been looking for a safe dry place to store my car , but to no avail . So if anyone could tell me a site on where to find a cheaper car tent to use it would really help be out. I just cant bare to have my baby freeze out side in the snow or get the sniffles from all the rain!!

I gotta get help POST HAIST

thanks guys
bill

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
******* WAY:
-jack your car up
-get some thick mil plastic
-wrap the plastic ALL the way around you car including the bottom
-ductape it shut
-giver 'er a second coat of plastic
-second coat of duct tape
-get the car down again

Mike

·
tryn to learn
841 Posts
Nightfire said:
******* WAY:
-jack your car up
-get some thick mil plastic
-wrap the plastic ALL the way around you car including the bottom
-ductape it shut
-giver 'er a second coat of plastic
-second coat of duct tape
-get the car down again

Mike
would that not trap moisture inside tho?

·
Administrator
18,635 Posts
montea said:
would that not trap moisture inside tho?
Yes.................If you have to leave it outside, better not to cover it. If you want to cover it, keep the covering away from the body. That way, the aior circulates and you won't get the condensation building up.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well i appreciate the help Guys . Im still on the prowl for some inside storage, but if that craps out then ill just end up buying or making a tent for it. Hey CrashFarmer is that 150 for the tent in American dollars ?

Hey Poncho i used to live in OwenSound Ontario , if you don't mind the asken what town are you from?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool I had a friend that went to school in Georgetown . I ve been to Toronto few times but just to really go to the airport or go right threw. But a buddy and i went down to buy a truck so we had to take my 4x4 (its all i had at the time) and we had to go right threw .. Jane and finch!!!!! Man o man i just looked straight ahead , turned the music off and didn't make eye contact! I can hold my own in a scap but i had no idea what kind of stuff the guys on the street were packen. We make it home fine but my 4x4 was blowen the heat like a sob to keep the motor alive and the chunky 33's were just a howlen.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I bought a 10X20 canopy from Wall Mart earlier this year and then bought the sidewall enclosure kit from harbor freight the other day. Looks cool....but even though it's not remotely airtight, it gets a lot of condensation on the inside roof and walls.Thinking of setting up a fan to keep the air circulating to help prevent it. The other thing to consider is that they DON'T recommend leaving it up during winter do to snow and ice storms. I'm going to just try to stay ahead of the snow during storms.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.