Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Dimwit
S10 to late '30s coupe
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have three wiper motors in hand for use on my build and am not confident that any of the three will work. I need help figuring out whether I will be able to wire any of the three properly.

Motor #1 is from a 2005 Silverado. I have the motor, the wiring connector and a good bit of the wiring harness, but I do not have the steering column, the switch, or the firewall-mounted computer module that accompanies the system. I have located several wiring diagrams for this model, but none appears to tie directly to the wire colors on the connector.

Motor #2 is from a 1995 S10. I have the dash-mounted switch and a good bit of the wiring harness for this vehicle, but have misplaced the connector. I have a wiring diagram for this model, but have no idea how the 5 pins in the connector relate to the wire colors in the diagram.

Motor #3 is from a first-generation S10, specific year unknown. It has a four-wire connector attached. I have not been able to locate a wiring diagram for this motor.

I know I can get a new "Clean Wipe" motor with wiring instructions and a switch from Newport Engineering, but I'd prefer to spend the $200 elsewhere given the three motors I already have.

Does anyone have thoughts on how to get any of these three motors to work?

Attachments

·
Dimwit
S10 to late '30s coupe
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, crownver.

Update. I've located the s10 wiper motor connector. I now have the complete harness from the steering column switch (not dash-mounted - I mistakenly was thinking of the headlamp switch in my first post) to the wiper motor. Maybe this won't be as difficult as I am thinking.

I can't believe I've spent a month looking for that thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.