Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to replace the wire and pulley system on my 52 buick super. Any Ideas or sugestion will really help...thax

·
Registered
222 Posts
That must be a straight 8 engine.There is a fanatic in CT who knows them well.He also works for a Buick dealership.

·
Administrator
18,433 Posts
The wire and pulley system was a bear to deal with. I take it you want to replace the vacuum.

Chevy had an optional electric motor in 57 and still used the wire and pulley system. Maybe Buick did too, which may be adaptable.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Elect wiper upgrade

My 53 Chevy has the vacuum system...v-e-r-y slow. I'd like to find an electric motor to upgrade my system...I think I'll try and find an electric motor for the 57 Chevy and see if I can adapt it to my system too!! Thanks for the idea!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Not sure how far apart the studs are for the wiper blades, I'm also assuming these guys all work the same way in that the driver's side and passenger's side blade move in opposite directions like a 55 - 57 chevy. I'd recomend looking at pacific western design's wiper setup. If what you have is shorter than the tri-fives and you have similar clearance with the ducting under the dash, you could cut the rod down. Would be even better if they were the same but I doubt they are. Anyhow, its a solid kit and eliminates the cable transmission mess.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thax guys. I gutted the underside of the dash so I have lots of room. You gave me lots of ideas. I will probably try to adapt something and if that don't work I will take a look at the tri 5 kit.. thax.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I've used a Specialty Power windows wiper system to replace the cables on a Buick. It's a bit pricey, but works great. It is adaptable to just about anything. You might check if Newport Engineering makes one for it too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts