Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I did a search on plug wire length and found some interesting questions on speed of light/electricity/sound/. Lots of interesting things came up. But I am doing a new motor and want a set of wires that are a little longer than STOCK. By the time I put them in a dress-up harness, they are a little snug. I dont want that much pressure against the distributor.

So, what ideas do you have? Longer wires? Who makes them? Are MSD wires longer? Anyone ?

Dress up is nice, if it fits.

hr41pearl :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
I have found MSD wires to be a bit longer than stock on most applications. Like johnsongrass said your best bet is going to be making them to your own length requirements.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Big Block

HI.

Thanks for your suggestions. I did a little more searching and found that the big block wires average about three inches longer than the small block. Since I am using an HEI system, I do not want to be cutting and trimming and crimping wires. Just too iffy.

Looks like I will invest a few dollars more and buy the wires for a big block. Surprised no one else has had this problem or if they did that they cut and crimped their own.

Thanks.

hr41pearl :cool:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just cut at crimped my own, MSD 8.5mm wires. Been great for almost a year now. The crimping tool that MSD provies makes a factory style crimp on the wires, looks just like the prefab MSD ones if you pull a boot off and look at it.

Subman

·
Registered
904 Posts
Most of the big block wires have strait boots at the plugs, this can be a problem with most SB headers, i have done this with a small and big block wire sets to get the length wires i wanted with out making my own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.