Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need wiring diagram for a 87 Ranger, specificaly for fuel gauge at sending unit please. any help would be great. fuel pump works but i think i have a broken wire to gauge just don't know witch wire or wires go to gauge.
thanks , j good

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Doc Here, :pimp:

The sender wire should be the Yellow/White wire to the gauge ...

To Verify if the gauge is working, pull the sender wire and note the position of the gauge, should be either full or empty, then, ground the sender wire and it should peg in the opposite direction.

If it does this, your gauge and circuit are whole, you have a sender issue. Pull and test the sender.

If it is duel tank, be sure the proper tank is selected and the proper sender is tested.

Common issue is loss of ground from the Sender at the tank to the frame ground. Be sure that is properly grounded and bonded.

Doc :pimp:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Doc,
I qas thinking it was yellow and white, but as cold as it is here I wanted to know for sure before I went out in the cold to check it. Thanks again, j good :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.