Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need diagram for 1992 S-10. "Kids" put stereo in and now her taillights fan etc will not work. Fuses blow, wires melt, I've got a real mess to fix. Any Ideas out there?

·
Registered
393 Posts
The library usually has some good resources for info. Here I have been able to find all kinds of wiring diagrams. You need to ask not just look for yourself. I have found some of it is not check outable and is then behind the counter. They will usually make a copy for you. I am an electrician by trade and I have found the best way to trouble shoot a ground in a car electrical system is to get a 12 volt light bulb, solder wires to it and put it in place of the fuse. If you have a ground it will light up brightly. When you clear the ground it will either go dim or out. Keeps from blowing fuses. That can get real expansive.

Gary

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Wiring diagrams and component locaters are invaluable when doing electrical work but they won't always lead you to the part that the monkeys with 8 miles of red wire and a roll of black tape screwed up. Why not start by having the "kids" undo what they did, it might make your task easier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts