Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
A Half Crippled Old SOB....
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i've done a search & couldn't come up w/the answer i needed soooooooooooo i'll ask here.
i need a wiring diagram for the electronic transmission kick down for my 78 Caddy 425/400 combo...thanks...joe

·
Old(s) Fart
6,014 Posts
There's not much to wire. The kickdown solenoid simply needs a switch somewhere on the throttle linkage that closes at wide open throttle and sends +12V to the trans. Does your trans have one terminal or two on the connector? Some 70s-vintage TH400s have a second signal coming from the trans that operates emissions control hardware in certain gears. That's unrelated to the kickdown. This is also not to be confused with the 60s-vintage TH400s that have the dual stall speed torque converter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a Gremlin At one time with a turbo 400 I hooked up the kickdown to the washer switch I was able to kickdown manually before even Depressing pedal Anyone who saw me push the button said wow thats kool You could wire it to any switch Just a thought

·
Registered
5,653 Posts

On my Turbo 400 ... I just fabricated up a simple bracket that holds a switch ... when it is pulled ( adjustable ) ... it sends the 12V to the Turbo 400 and activates the passing gear.

·
A Half Crippled Old SOB....
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
thanks folks i knew it was something simple BUT wanted to be sure how it was hooked up, that & the fact i hate to do electric and just wanted to be sure how it hooked up.....joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.