Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1992 Chevrolet 1-Ton. Got a few problems... First my passenger side window would not roll down, it would dim the lights when I try to roll it up like it was trying but the window was all the way up, so I unplugged the motor and checked the plug with a test light and when I would push the button to roll it down one side would be hot and when I hit the button to roll it up the other side would be hot so I figured it was the motor. Went and bought a new motor and put it in and it wouldn't work, took it back out and tried it on a battery and it would go up and down, so I know the motor is good and I am getting power to the plug, so can anyone HELP ME with this. Next problem, I had a radio in it and I decided I wanted different one so I got one and put it in there and I got no sound out of the in dash and rear speakers, I have two 10's under the back seat and they worked, so I took the radio out and put it in a different truck and everything worked so I figured the factory wires running to the speakers was bad, so I ran new wires to all the speakers and they worked. When I did all this window motor changing tonight, I started the truck up and now I am getting no sound out of the speakers, except the ones under the back seat. THIS DANG THING IS GOING TO MAKE ME PULL MY HAIR OUT!!!!!!!!! Any direction anyone could give me would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
10 Spot

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Window...

Doc here :pimp:

On the window, sounds like the Window glass is binding in the runners or the Regulator is bent or bound when installed. Check it all for smooth Mechanical operation before trying the motor.

On the Stereo, If you pulled power, you may have lost memory, Which the Vol, Bass Treb, FADE, and front/rear are in a different location than before you pulled power...Be sure your not FADED on way or another...

If thats OK, Check the wires for Grounding at the speakers, that will cut audio...Be sure the Speaker - is not on ground, but on the - wires provided for it. Basically Double Check your Speaker harness.

Hope it Helps!

Doc :pimp:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts