Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im trying to hook this up in my nova it is the stock clock that came with another nova not mine, but i pulled it out and im now trying to get it to work. There is 1 orange wire coming off the clock ive tried to power it but it didnt work andybody have any ideas other than its probley broken? or im hooking it up wrong. Its an indash clock next to the speedo. thanks

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Clock...

Doc here :pimp:

Is the clock working? try it on the battery first, ground the clock body to the - side of the battery with a jumper, and the power to the + side..does the second hand move?

If that's good, check The Orange wire for constant 12 Volts, (Key off) You need power all the time. If it's dead check the fuses marked, Lighter, Clock...

Replace if blown and test again. If you can't get power on this wire, Run a new one from any 12 volt constant source or from the battery. Don't forget a fuse...

Check for a good ground, If you can't find one, run your own from the Frame / Body to the Clock.

That should get you running!

Doc :pimp:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Doc!....Ok i got it to work off the battery but only for a few seconds seems that it is gummed up inside. I tryed it in the car hooked up to the indash lamps just to see if i could get power. Same thing would tick about 5 seconds then stop as if it was dirty inside. That is totallly possible who knows when this thing was last working. Any ideas on how to clean it or fix it? Ive looked into some stuff online but pretty expensive like $100.00 to convert it to quartz dont really want to spend over $100 on a clock but hey......thanks

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Clock

You could try pulling the back off the clock and spraying it good with a good electrical Cleaner, (the kind that leaves no residue) and then trying it again.

If it's just dirt, that should take care of it.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Your Welcome

Doc here:pimp:

Your Welcome!

I am In Northern California , Lafayette, about 25 miles East of San Francisco.

I have a Sister and Bro ~ In ~ Law not too far from you... Barstow....( I think their Being held Captive under a trance there...They say they like it there...But act like bit part players from Stepford Wife's...)

If you get a chance, Read the thread in this forum "Dig This" . It contains an article about my Bro ~ in ~ law's Nephew...getting struck by lightning on the road between you and them...

If you go to any Comedy Clubs in Vegas...See Scott Fig....He's My Nephew...

Gives you an idea about how our Gene Pool really needs a lifeguard...:thumbup:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ha thats funny stuff, ya i thought i was out in the sticks, Barstow is out there.....ya i go to Vegas all the time, ill have to chek him out. What year Vet do you have? My parents live in Vegas my dad has a fully restored 63'. ive been trying to get it from him, haha but no luck..see ya.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Vettes

I have for my personal Vehicles, a 1980 (the one in the avatar) a 78 (parts), a 78 (non streeter) and a 78 (for resto)...Silver anniversary Additions...

Yah..Check Scott out..He's opening for Comedy Central in New York sometime in October, havn't got the Air date yet..and he also got some kind of movie offer...

I've never actually seen him on stage...but given the Family he's connected to..( We single handedly support the Valium and Prozac industry alone...)no doubt, he can make NORMAL folks laugh ...

OK, Time For my
Electro shock Therapy..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.