Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Self-made nobody.
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several days ago I was searching the 'net for information regarding motor vehicle equipment laws for the State of Wisconsin. I was quite pleased to find the following data on the Wisconsin State Patrol website. I followed the links and browsed the <.pdf> files which are very helpful to ensure that your vehicle will be in compliance with equipment and licensing laws. I am intending to inquire at the local government agencies to learn if there are hard copies of these laws available so I don't have to print out my own version of them from the Adobe Acrobat files.

Although the descriptive text I pasted below is regarding homemade or reconstructed vehicles, the files themselves contain information regarding all classifications of vehicles in Wisconsin. This information is invaluable regarding construction, licensing, and operation of modified, homebuilt, reconstructed, antique, motorcycle, or other classifications of vehicles in the State of Wisconsin.

I urge members of this forum to search online for this type of official motor vehicle data for your own state of residence and post the links in the forum to assist your fellow hotrodders who will have need of this information.

If I may be so bold, I also recommend that if enough of these official links (or actual data) gets posted to the forums, it all gets compiled into a prominent area of the boards for ready reference by all subscribers.

- - - -

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/statepatrol/inspection/homemade.htm

Homemade or reconstructed vehicles

Homemade vehicles are motor vehicles constructed or assembled from new or used parts. Reconstructed vehicles are motor vehicles substantially altered or modified from the original manufacturer's specifications. (see Wisconsin Administrative Code Trans 305.065 http://www.legis.state.wi.us/rsb/code/trans/trans305.pdf and Wisconsin Statutes 341.268(1)(b) and (d)) http://www.legis.state.wi.us/statutes/Stat0341.pdf .

You will need the Adobe Reader (provided free of charge) to view PDF files. For more information about getting your free copy of the Adobe Reader, visit WisDOT's Software information page http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/util/software.htm

Last modified: June 1, 2004

·
machinest & A&P Mechanic
363 Posts
cool, thanks for the info.

·
Self-made nobody.
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cboy said:
And the official Wisconsin Hospitality Committee welcomes yet another Cheesehead to HR. Com.

Go Badgers.

Dewey
I didn't receive my goodie bag yet! Is there an official give-away hot rod too? If so, what is it?

:)

Old School Nut said:
cool, thanks for the info.
You're welcome. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I'm not sure about the status of the goodie bag, but I was pretty sure the newbie supplies the cold beverages! LOL The other Cheeseheads are also required to "inspect " new member garages for usable accessories for our projects. So, have you got any 350's hanging around that need a good home? ( Just kidding, my wife would string me up if I got another one!)

Welcome fellow Cheesehead!

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
freebee's not being shared??? I'm putting whom ever on notice!!

Goodie bag...what goodie bag...I never got mine!! Sup wid dat yall???

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Self-made nobody.
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
schnitz said:
I'm not sure about the status of the goodie bag, but I was pretty sure the newbie supplies the cold beverages! LOL The other Cheeseheads are also required to "inspect " new member garages for usable accessories for our projects. So, have you got any 350's hanging around that need a good home? ( Just kidding, my wife would string me up if I got another one!)

Welcome fellow Cheesehead!
I got no problem with supplyin' the suds. You just be sure to keep up while drinkin' it if you want your fair share. :drunk:

The inspection process sounds like it'd be feedin' time at vulture-ville. As long as what goes around, comes around... gotta earn some payback somehow. :thumbup:

Nope, haven't had a 350 around since I pulled the one out of my El Camino to put in my '37 Plymouth more than a few years ago; and regrettably, the '37 had to leave my ownership a decade ago for financial reasons.

Thanks for the greeting!

tm454 said:
Goodie bag...what goodie bag...I never got mine!! Sup wid dat yall???

Rat Rods Rule!
You musta joined up when that infamous but unfortunate break in tradition occurred. Now that the program geared back up big time, all the neat stuff bestowed upon us newbies is a right neighborly gesture!! Sometimes innocent guilt is a good thing... :drool:

I like your 'sig', and I couldn't agree more. Primer ain't just a temporary situation, it can be a STATEMENT! :pimp:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts