Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
First name...............Shawn
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i got 4 wisdom teeth yanked out of my head 5 hours ago. I sure wish the vicodin would kick in. Looks like ill be in front of the computer all weekend. I was really not looking forward to the actual procedure, but it wasnt bad at all. Im thinking the laying in bed with pain is going to be the worst part.

·
I wanted an egg-salad sandwich
266 Posts
when my brother had his wisdoms pulled he ended up having a reaction to the vicodin. He was in bed for a week. I had mine pulled a month later. Didnt take the drugs, went to a party that night, granted the pizza tasted horrible but I was fine within 24 hours... I had the procedure under "concious sedation" I dont remember ANY of it. I remember my mom driving me there, and I remember going home and taking a nap on the couch. a few hours later I was Partaying!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a vicodin reaction as well, but after a few days. I took some and a few moments later, could not breathe. Scary stuff.

It isn't all that bad, best advice I can give you...DON'T SMOKE, at least for a couple days.......if you do smoke and need some, get a small shotgun from a friend, but DON'T suck on the cigarette...I did and got super super bad dry sockets. That sucks even worse then not being able to smoke.

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
Don't smoke, don't suck on a straw, don't bend over to cause pressure. Dry socket is not good and that will happen if the clot comes out. Just take it easy for a couple of days. By tomorrow the pain should ease up considerably. Of course if the vicodin does not work a few shots of "Jack" will:thumbup:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Teeth

I think mine were okay but for some reason the Navy took mine out during Boot Camp. I asked if I had a choice and they told me yes which one do you want to be pulled first. I did not take any medication and was fine in about 2 days. Just could not eat anything and kept cotton pads in my mouth for the bleeding.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I had all 4 pulled at once a few years ago. They put me under so I couldn't tell you if it hurt or not.

My daughter is about to have hers pulled in the next couple days. If you have a good oral surgeon it's not bad.

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
I had all 4 pulled at once a few years ago. They put me under so I couldn't tell you if it hurt or not
Every tooth I have ever had pulled I was out. I can face any surgery and not bother me. Let me get in a dentist chair and I am a total wreck. The last time I had a couple of teeth filled I almost ripped the arms off of the chair because I had a death grip on it so bad.:sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I too had all 4 done at once a couple years ago. I was awake, but made the dentist give me extra shots before he started wrenching. Good thing I did cuz he was just about standing on the instrument for one of my bottom teeth. So much so that the assistant said something to him trying to get him to stop.

Funny thing is I was building a deck for him on the back of his new house and I think he thought his wife and I got along too well during the construction and he was letting go of some frustration. Maybe it was the $25,000 he (his wife) spent on the project?

Either way he was leanin on that thing like a DOT worker leans on a shovel while workin overtime.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
Kevin45 said:
Don't smoke, don't suck on a straw, don't bend over to cause pressure. Dry socket is not good and that will happen if the clot comes out.
Dry sockets are like a slow death til they heal.
MMMMMMMM Vicodin! HG
Those and a shot of tequila will work for pain, if you wake up, that is. :D
I took some and a few moments later, could not breathe. Scary stuff.
Just about any pain meds can cause shortness of breath. Take deep breaths for a few minutes, breathing should go back to almost normal. Dan

·
First name...............Shawn
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man, dont scare me about the breathing. I have asthma. I am not doing anything to put my blood clot in jeopardy. I want to get this crap over with! Another day of watching TV in bed tomorrow!!!

·
Banned
431 Posts
am i the only one that kept them?
i had all 4 pulled not too long ago. no pain what so ever, i just remember a little cracking noise just before they each came out. hell i had to ask each time they pulled one if they had it out.... wasn't nervous at all either. not sure what the big deal is.

only thing that sucked is having to sleep with a coffee mug up to my mouth to let the blood drain for 2 nights.... hell i even smoked a few cigarettes to supress the hunger since i couldn't eat; never had a problem.

i lost one of them, but i couldn't let them through them in the trash....... they are a part of me............. thats like getting a finger chopped off and not keeping it in a jar on your bed side table.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Shawn,

Hang in there, the pain won't last too long. Can't tell you anything the others haven't. I had mine taken out right away at the start of boot camp, all 4 of them also.
The whole company looked like giant chipmunks.

Hope your feeling better.

Dutch:thumbup:

·
Start those projects someday
556 Posts
I told the Doc "I dont need no stinkin Vicodin" ............ Well then the novicane wore off and it was a different story but by then it was too late. I guess I'm not the tuff guy I thought I was.

·
or Jeff, or Doc, or...
989 Posts
I've had kidney stones, gall stones, gall bladder removed, and One wisdom tooth extracted. By far, the wisdom tooth. Mine lasted for a week. But my tooth was HUGE ! Explains why I'm a genius, must be.. :D

Hope yours turns out better. :D

·
Move It On Over!
227 Posts
As luck would have it...

It seems I have continuing appointments at the dentist's office...

Got a molar in the back. It had a root canal, a post and a crown a few years ago. Now, it cracked in the root area where the post bottoms out. The tooth has to come out. I'm all swollen up and bummed out. The dentist said he can't pull it until the swelling down a little, so I'm on antibiotics. He also gave me a prescription for tylenol-3, but I've been okay with ibuprofen. Monday AM, it's getting pulled.

AKM - I save mine too. Maybe I'll post a pic of this latest one :pain:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Two words--FROZEN VEGETABLES! :D I took T3's for a day or two and kept a bag of frozen peas on my face. Very little swelling, very little bruising and as an added bonus it helps with pain management.

Try it....you'll like it...

Chickie.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
4 Jaw Chick said:
Two words--FROZEN VEGETABLES! :D I took T3's for a day or two and kept a bag of frozen peas on my face. Very little swelling, very little bruising and as an added bonus it helps with pain management.

Try it....you'll like it...

Chickie.
That's the best way to use peas that I've heard of. Yechhh. Dan

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I got all 4 of mine out at once, on gas-no pain. One was laying down and had never came through, They had to dynamite that one and the whole side of my head swelled up. I was bleeding like a stuck pig and had liver face from the novacaine. I had arranged to have my best friend drive me home as his office was right behind the dentist, He had two total hotties for secretarys. I walked in and mumbled something incoherent and she ask me to repeat it a couple times. The third time a big glob of slobbers and blood flew out and landed on my shirt. Very embarassing but I lived to later date her.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.