Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
More for Less Racer
20,941 Posts
I was hoping to better be able to help you out, but the 1990 Wolverine catalog I have is just the Performance Cams & Components version, all the cam #'s start with "WG".

I did notice in the "Motown Muscle Replacement Cams" section that there were a few "CS" cam numbers for some of the factory stock Hi-Perf "Muscle Car"engines of the '60's and 70's.

There is a note in the front few pages of the catalog about comparing the common low performance standard stock "CS" designated cams to the first step up "torque and ecomony cams" for a customer up-sell....so it appears that you've got a stock replacement cam from that "CS" designation.

Bad thing is I can't tell you if it is a 110 HP, 140 HP, or 180 HP Turbo cam, and I don't know if there is even a difference in those, or if the same stock cam is used in all three and the different induction style is all that makes the HP rating different? I'm pretty vague on actual Corvair engine specs....my only interest in a 'Vair would be to V-8 it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping to better be able to help you out, but the 1990 Wolverine catalog I have is just the Performance Cams & Components version, all the cam #'s start with "WG".

I did notice in the "Motown Muscle Replacement Cams" section that there were a few "CS" cam numbers for some of the factory stock Hi-Perf "Muscle Car"engines of the '60's and 70's.

There is a note in the front few pages of the catalog about comparing the common low performance standard stock "CS" designated cams to the first step up "torque and ecomony cams" for a customer up-sell....so it appears that you've got a stock replacement cam from that "CS" designation.

Bad thing is I can't tell you if it is a 110 HP, 140 HP, or 180 HP Turbo cam, and I don't know if there is even a difference in those, or if the same stock cam is used in all three and the different induction style is all that makes the HP rating different? I'm pretty vague on actual Corvair engine specs....my only interest in a 'Vair would be to V-8 it.
One of the biggest differences in the Corvair cams would be whether it’s for an earlier engine or the late. The later engines have a narrower lobe in order to clear the connecting rods. Otherwise GM really only used three different cams in the late-model engines. I have most of the parts to make a mid engine V8 Corvair but for the moment I’m not working on that car. I was hoping that the part number I am looking at was some thing a bit more than stock but not anything incredibly high performance. I just cannot find any specs on it

·
More for Less Racer
20,941 Posts
My 1990 Performance catalog only lists one performance grind, a 212/212° @.050" duration, 324/324° advertised duration, .391/.391" valve lift, 110° Lobe Seperation....for the 1964-69 engine
WG-1177 is the number, only Corvair engine cam on the list.

Probably doesn't help you, but that's everything I've got.

Crane Cams bought up Wolverine, a call to them might or might not get you something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.