Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
you can never know to much
102 Posts
That is a BEAUTIFUL car! I was drooling over it at the show! And was certainly worth your trip down here, that's for sure...

Could you get a picture of the gauges backplate? It had a pretty cool design on it, if I remember right :D

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
What's with the Shades giving the cars to first time attendees?? One of my club members brother-in-law won year before last and is not even a car guy. He had to scrape to pay the taxes on it and then sold it ASAP. At least you are a car guy!!! Congrats!!

Trees

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
countryboytn said:
That is a BEAUTIFUL car! I was drooling over it at the show! And was certainly worth your trip down here, that's for sure...

Could you get a picture of the gauges backplate? It had a pretty cool design on it, if I remember right :D
Here's a pic of the gauge cluster. It has Bobby Alloway's logo in the center with 'Shades of the Past' over it.
Thanks to all for the kudos :)
mike

Attachments

·
you can never know to much
102 Posts
trees said:
What's with the Shades giving the cars to first time attendees?? One of my club members brother-in-law won year before last and is not even a car guy. He had to scrape to pay the taxes on it and then sold it ASAP. At least you are a car guy!!! Congrats!!

Trees
I was wondering if taxes still had to be payed on it or not.. :thumbup:

chopper1 said:
Here's a pic of the gauge cluster. It has Bobby Alloway's logo in the center with 'Shades of the Past' over it.
Thanks to all for the kudos :)
mike
Thanks, thats my new desktop background! :D

I couldn't remember exactly what it looked like, but I did remember it was different.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wretched ratchet said:
Congrats - - - pssst, don't tell anyone but I like the ?36? better :mwink:
Me too! We do a lot of traveling in the 39 back and forth to Florida plus our neighboring states. The roadster doesn't fit our life style and is way too pricey to keep to drive to the local cruise ins, so it's going to be sold.

americanLT1 said:
You lucky man. I hate you
Just kidding, congrats and enjoy.
Better hang on to that woman.
I've hung on to her for 42 years so I think I'll keep her.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Shades should have presented you a cost sheet with the car and that is what you will pay Fed tax on. Being in Ohio, I am sure that great state will be after their share as well and, unless you are a dealer, you will have to title the car in your name before selling so you fork out more dough for your good luck. Does not matter what you sell it for, but what value Shades put on it so you better hope you can get near their figure for the car. Still, don't look a gift horse in the mouth!!

Trees

·
Registered
559 Posts
[

I've hung on to her for 42 years so I think I'll keep her.[/QUOTE]

,,,,,,,,,,,, The wife or the car !!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.