Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a wood kit for a 5 window coupe...i have a stude but i can modifiy anything or at least if i see a kit and what goes where ,then i can then make what i need..who sells these things?...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Try BOGUS BOB Early Ford WOOD KITS! His name is Bob Betsch,491 Herndon #225, Clovis, California. (559)299-7120. I've seen him at the Turlock swap meet and he always has many kits at his booth. He couldn't help me out with my 41 woodie, but then your car doesn;t need near that much wood RIGHT?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Replace the wood that isn't there and the wood that is there with steel tubing. The idea of modifying a wood kit for another car to fit yours is what we here in TX call living in a dream world. It would be nice but it ain't gonna happen.
It is easy to replace the wooden structure of a car body with steel once you have the sheet metal jigged in place so everything will work when reassembled. There have been several comprehensive illustrated articles in rod mags over the last few years showing how this is done. Find them and save yourself some bucks and alot of heartache.

·
Registered
547 Posts
We just finished a 36 chev sedan,, and we had to replace all the wood in the doors with metal tubing,, its very important to position the door on the car and get the gaps correct before you start , then tack weld the doors to the body and then build a jig to hold them in shape , then cut the tack loose and move the door to a work table , [see pictures,,] I used 1/2 X1/2 tubing, And some 1 X 1/2 tubing,, 18 ga cold roll sheet,
I have a lot of pictures of the work on the doors, but they are to large to post many here,, I would gladly send them by E/M if you like,, Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I would like a set of those pics as well please. I am trying to get as much info and ideas as I can as I have to do the whole body, doors and door posts as well as the top structure and floor on the Nashty. My buddy who is doing a 35 Chevy would love to see them as well. Can you PM pics? If not I can PM you my email address.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
steel tubing pics

sure that would be great..email me anything that you think would (no pun intended) :mwink: help...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts