Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
18,631 Posts
Looks like a good show................

Bad Rat said:
some nice cars,,I just never understood the idea behind the car hopping,, seems like a waste of nice cars and money.. different strokes I guess,, but what do I know,,, I'm a old coot :thumbup:
Yeah, I agree...car hopping, bed twirling, mega stereo contests, drifting................and a whole lot more............Pile of crap....but..Gets the bucks in for the promoters.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
WOW had a special "by invitation only" exhibit this year celebrating the 75th anniversary of the 1932 Ford and displaying 32 '32s showcasing all the different models and styles of 1932 Ford rods over the yeas. Three of my friends from our club (Wisconsin Street Rod Assn.) were invited to show their '32s. The aqua panel truck belongs to Rick Goetz and runs a 302 and a jag rear. The yellow roadster belongs to Larry Gordhammer and runs a flatty with a quick change rear end. BTW, these pics were taken while we were on the 2005 Hot Rod Power Tour.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
home brew said:
Thanks for the link. Enjoyed the rods and customs. :thumbup: Seems to me the producer could have made two different videos in this case. Although it may introduce more of the bouncers to the hot rod/custom car end of the hobby/sport.
I'm not into the hydraulic thing either, this was my first time ever seeing it aside from photos. In the dead of winter at a car show in Chicago, it was something to see moving. What the video can't describe is the concrete shaking below your feet as this car is jumping around, which was impressive.

I could have made two different videos, but my point was more to glue together "car guys." I did talk to the guys who put those jumping cars together, and there is quite a bit of technical know-how to make a car jump around like that. You won't see me put together a jumping car, but I do have a new found respect for the guys who do. The push of the club that you see in the video is to be a positive roll model in their communities, you gotta respect that.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The car hoppers/low riders here are a cool bunch for the most part. It seems like it's a culture all it's own and is very into family. I'm not into hopping, but I like the morals that the clubs present.

·
Registered
187 Posts
carguygarage said:
Agreed. I think you could say the same about drag racing and circle track and rat rods...
Yea, pretty much. Most groups are the same. One thing I learned a long time ago is not to be judgmental and don't listen to rumors. There's a lot of good info to be gained by just walking up and showing a genuine interest in what somebody is doing with their car. I'm not afraid to wander up to a "Counsel of Elders" when I see them in session. Being polite and listening and not trying to impress with limited knowledge goes a long way in breaking barriers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.