Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
WOW !!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Why do I live so far away ???? :smash: :smash: :smash: :mad:

I would love just to take a walk through there... Just once !!! :mwink: I promise !!!! Please !!!! :eek: :drunk: :sweat:

·
Premium Member
6,623 Posts
It will be a rust fest parked in some field...probably not a decent frame in the lot, motors would be worth the salvage though. I've been to a few of these "farmers" auctions and I have never found anything worth taking home because they sit in a field and the moisture from the long grass gets the frame and suspension wet. Nice to look at at, just don't bend down and look underneath. Might be some decent body panels and hoods though.

Its too bad, there was a 62 Ford Galaxie 2dr in there...I had been looking for one of those worth restoring back in HS. Usually the story is the old guy has them parked in the field and person after person goes in and makes reasonable offers on them but he thinks they are made of gold...until he passes on and then they go for scrap or into auction and they aren't worth restoring anymore and sell for 1/4 what he could have got for it back when people were interested in buying it.

Seen it a hundred times. :(

I know of an old guy who has a 50 Ford truck with original flathead that up to 5 years ago was used on the farm everyday, the body panels are all there and even the original paint isn't too bad and all the chrome is present. I drove by the old timers place last week and now its in the field and obviously going to rust away in the grass. Last time I stopped in 7 years ago to make an offer ($3500) he laughed and said he would take $10 000 for it, it might be worth $1000 now...for parts. The body panels are already starting to rust up the side where the long grass hits it, I wouldn't even want to look underneath it.

Oh well its his truck, he can do what he wants with it.

·
Steel Dreams
323 Posts
Is this the same bunch of cars and trucks that was in Hotrod mag some time back? If it is he had some perfect cars and trucks and a couple of 70's muscle Mopars hidden in a barn . Hmmmm.....must not be selling as fast as he thought
Kenny
Lost your job yet? Keep buying foreign

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
4 Jaw Chuck said:
It will be a rust fest parked in some field...probably not a decent frame in the lot, motors would be worth the salvage though. I've been to a few of these "farmers" auctions and I have never found anything worth taking home because they sit in a field and the moisture from the long grass gets the frame and suspension wet. Nice to look at at, just don't bend down and look underneath. Might be some decent body panels and hoods though.

Man !!! That's small potato's.. :mwink: All the one's with bad frames, Just send them to me.. :thumbup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
A friend of mine bought out a yard down here that closed in 1969. 287 vehicles 30's to 60's. He crushed 13, hauled the rest back and has been selling parts off of them for 2 years now. Gave 300.00 per car across the board and made his money back in the first 6 months. It's like a time warp going through the yard.......I sometimes spend an hour or two at a time just walking through checking old cars for parts swaps/ideas.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.