Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hauling A55 BURNING GASS!!!
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so it snowed today where im at and i went for a cruse actully to do some fishtails in the plowed snow in some coldasacks. im stuck driving my car this winter. o yeah and i took my choke off my carb not to long ago and someone said wait til its really cold out and you cant start it. hhahahha my car started better now without it and its cold enough to snow out. turn key pump gas and varoom and keep pumping and get it to idle at 1500 by holding down the gas then wait a couple seconds let off gas to about 1000 and throw it in drive/reverse and go. and just dont press the gas too far down cause it was bog until its warmed up and its fine. i just dont like the idea i have no heat and no windshield wiper motor. ill get the motor soon $20 junkyard but i guess a sweater and coat will do this winter and a cracked window so it dont fog up. wait the patato and window im gonna do that tomarrow

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
that stinks, it might be bearable now but in febuary your going to be miserable.

hope you get it fixed before then

btw,i never had a choke on the chevy and after 2 or three min. in the driveway it was just fine. i never had any problems starting it either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts