Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 1990 GMC 1500 and I was told that the motor and transmission came out of a Yukon, they didn't know what year model it was. Can some one tell me how to tell what year model it is. It would help me out alot.

·
http://www.warsprints.com
2,024 Posts
joecurry said:
I bought a 1990 GMC 1500 and I was told that the motor and transmission came out of a Yukon, they didn't know what year model it was. Can some one tell me how to tell what year model it is. It would help me out alot.
I don't quite understand what you are asking about "year model". You said it was a 1990. If you want to know what "model" it came from, that can be a little difficult. There should be numbers on the motor somewhere that can possibly give an idea but it is just a guess.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know there is numbers somewhere, that didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. Automobiles have numbers on every part of them to tell you all about them, year model what it is ect. I just don't know where to look. I have a 1990 body and some other year model motor and trans and in the 90's the trans. changed so many times I need to figure out what it is, again I know there is numbers I just need to know where and how to read them.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Look on the machined pad that is infront of the passenger side head, where the head meets the deck of the motor. There should be a couple sets of number/letter combo's stamped there. You may have to clean the pad to see the stampings.

Post them here and someone will decode them for you, or show you how.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.