Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
NEVER use credit cards!
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got the kits for the roof rails and the bottom of the door. the bottom of door fit pretty damn good if i do say so myself. the roof rails is another story, not even close, these things f'in SUCK!! and are going back, they are made by Metro, in USA, says PERFECT FIT! MY ****!!

to be more specific, the length from the corner/roof rail down to the door itself is about an inch too long! :(

[ December 25, 2002: Message edited by: bullheimer ]</p>

·
8,453 Posts
In answer to your PM; I have had good and bad luck w/ Metro & Steele, the two biggies in repro rubber products. Quality is always good but occasionally the parts don't even look close as you found.

·
NEVER use credit cards!
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just got off the blower w/year one. they said in 2000 they shipped 170 of them and got 16 returned but dont know why. they are going to ship another set. hope they fit this time. year one was really good about it/ they told me to wait till i try the second set before i go to return the first. the set i got for my truck door had to have a good two inches cut out of the bottom side.

[ December 26, 2002: Message edited by: bullheimer ]</p>

·
Registered
16 Posts
Everything that I have heard about the window seals and t-top seals for 2nd Gen camaro's is that you have to go with GM OEM rubber or you will never get it to seal right. But all other seals are fine through re-pro. If the second set does not fit right, return it and go with GM.

hope this helps...

·
NEVER use credit cards!
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just got the second set and....
i have to send them both back,

okay then, but this is going to hurt my anal port: repros: $75/pair, nos: $120 each side!!!! :eek:
if anyone KNOWS of a new weatherstip that will perfectly replace it other than metro brand PLEASE post or pm me. :(

[ January 06, 2003: Message edited by: bullheimer ]

[ January 06, 2003: Message edited by: bullheimer ]

i have pm'd both of you asking "what if i cut the vertical section off just below the horizontal section and cut it to length, then glue it back onto the horiz. piece. Will it leak? thanks. i did find nos pieces for cheaper at nat'l parts depot for $110 each side. :(

[ January 07, 2003: Message edited by: bullheimer ]</p>

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am not sure if it would leak or not. Try going here:

<a href="http://www.nastyz28.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro" target="_blank">http://www.nastyz28.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro</a>

and asking these guys. They deal stricktly with 2nd Gen Camaro's. Maybe someone there has tried what you are talking about. But everything that I have read there suggests not using repo for your window seals from anyone but GM.

You should find your answers there though.

Hope this helps....

·
NEVER use credit cards!
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
holy crap whatta great site, thanks!!! :D know of any for 66 tempest/gto's like that??

oh yeah, from that site i learned i can get the roof rail weatherstipping from my local chevy dealer for $124 each side, @what i'd pay to year one for originals!! (w/shipping) ;)

[ January 08, 2003: Message edited by: bullheimer ]</p>

·
Registered
16 Posts
No I really don't know of any sites unless the deal with Camaro's. The other site that I goto a lot is:

<a href="http://www.pro-touring.com" target="_blank">www.pro-touring.com</a>

It is pretty cool, but mainly people that have lots on money that go crazy and make awesome rides. Great site for idea's though.

-shawn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts