Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Heart Breaker and Life Taker
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm saying goodbye temporaraly. This is'nt what I joined for last year,then,It was a good place to hangout at. Now,pfft. Forget it. The mods are taking over,Us "Young Kids" are being talked down to,said we know it all when we dont,etc....... If you were my mother or father,thats one thing to talk me down,but someone on the internet,no,i dont go for that sh!t. Between the mods,trolls,and other people leaving that were great but got chased off,add me to the list for now. I'll still be on aim,yahoo,etc....you guys have my name on there.

I don't appreciate people saying that I said things when I really didn't. Heres what done it:

"quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by poncho62
OK....since at 16, you know everthing, we will stop trying to educate you............
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(I never said I knew it all.)

Don't start puttin words in my mouth,all I said is that I know that them 3 things have been together. Hell,no wonder people are leavin here. Over-moderated,people keep leavin,constant trolls.

I think I'll leave for a while........I got better places to be. Hit me up for the next chat room. When the older guys stop thinkin that they know everything,tryin to make us younger ones look bad or replying with smartass comments like they're better than us,the trolls settle down some,and this place becomes what it used to be when I joined,then I'll come back.

Nice talkin to you all. Meangreen has my aim,and who ever else was in the room last night.

I'll talk to you all later."

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
comon man, all you got to do is play a little ball here. The truth of the matter is its jon's playground and his rules fly. The mods are basically here to uphold jon's wants for the site, so you can't really shoot the messenger. Take some time off if you need to, but there are worse places on the web to be!

K:thumbup:

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont have a problem keeping the rules,but its how these mods are acting. BBB was great. She kept the place clean yet let everyone do there own thing. The others like Centerline,Male egos are kickin in. He ran one guy off because he could'nt spell like an english proffesor. Poncho is accusing me of sayin i know everything when I never said I did. This all built up.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
I have to agree, I think their posts toward you weren't very "mod-like" and didn't do anything to diffuse the situation. Mods shouldn't be allowed to stir the pot.

K

·
Administrator
18,438 Posts
To cruiseomatic

OK, look. If you want me to take that back....fine, I will. You DON'T know everthing. You just implied to me, that you thought that you did.

I will quote what you said............

"Because I know these cars will have you talkin to yourself.
When you get cut (badly),what do you say? "aww darn." OR "**** that hurt!"?
Even though I'm 16,I know cars,women,and swearing have always been together."

BTW, I still feel that vulgarity is the sign of a weak mind, but that's just my opinion...............

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Right on killer. Besides, like cboy & me talked about at the car show on Sunday, by typing your thoughts, you can't really convey the context of the dialogue. What I may jokingly type could easily be taken as a serious insult to someone. Poncho may have been laughing with an ear to ear grin when he typed that. Maybe not. Who knows.

Hotrodders is really just a bunch of bench racers who help each other out whenever possible. You are a needed member the same as killer is, mooch is, Kevin is... Got my point yet? Check back often and you'll see. Sorry to see you leave. Just come back when you need us... That's why we're here. Right guys??

·
axes wayy too many questions
311 Posts
schnitz said:
Besides, like cboy & me talked about at the car show on Sunday.

HUGO!!!

Sorry, back on topic now. Hey CMatic, good luck trying to stay away from here for too long. I've tried it. It's alot harder than you would think.

ALex

·
Registered
144 Posts
And the drama continues...

Is it necessary for everyone that gets "upset" (for lack of a 'better' word) to make an "I'm taking my toys and going home!" thread? I mean come on, this is the real world. People are going to make you angry, disagree with you and say things you don't like. Is it necessary that every time someone gets offended that they feel the need to make a thread announcing that they are leaving - as if they are punishing us? :confused:

Cruiseomatic, I am not singling you out. I am just posting this here because this is the most recent one of these types of threads.

Just my $.02

Rock on and God bless...

Señor

·
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll still lurk in the shadows,and browse,but just wont post as much for a while. Im just takin a vactation,dont worry,ill be back. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts