Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right! It's finally home. The shiester that had possesion of it got a nice little visit (at work) from 2 of the area's finest officers. They knew him from past run-ins, so it was no suprise to me that THEY beat me down to it. They got the keys from him and all. He was peeeeeesed!!! I drove it on the trailer and headed it home. That was a lot easier than using a come-a-long to load it. With no keys. That wouldv'e sucked.

Now, what the heck do I do with it? Any thoughts? And no, I'm not going to give it to anyone!:rolleyes: I should, but I won't. I need the money.... LOL!

·
Registered
654 Posts
I feel like I came in on the middle of a conversation. What is the Suburban and what happened? Myself, I really like the big old things and have a '48 waiting in the wings.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Long story, sorry for not giving all the info. This former co-worker of mine (he was let go 6 1/2 weeks ago for bad attendance) decide to buy this '86 GMC Suburban that I had in my yard. It needed massive quantities of TLC to bring it to life. And, I had too many irons in the fire. I hauled it to his place and handed the keys to him. He said he'd pay on Friday. One week. I kept the title 'ill payment was made. It never was paid for because he was let go that Wednesday. He fixed the minor things that were wrong with it, and then he was driving it. After rev. 2nd time. With wrong plates and No Insurance. He wouldn't answer my calls or anything, so I got the police involved. This guy has a massive record. I was ticked until tonight. Now I'm tickled!!

Bottom line, get all transactions in writing. It would have saved a TON of headaches.

·
Super Moderator
18,359 Posts
OR.........................Money talks, BS....walks..............

Don't deliver until payment is made.....lesson learned.

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
i learned a long time ago that every time you bend the rules to help someone or give someone a break it almost always comes back to bite you in the ***

the problem is that even tho i learned this a long time ago i keep doing it.:spank:

·
Left Nut, Right Nut....Squish!
363 Posts
He fixed the minor things that were wrong with it, and then he was driving it.
So he got it driveable huh.... :thumbup: Free mechanic weeeeee, Hope he did some good work to it, less busted knuckles for you heheh. Too bad he didnt decide to dump a BB or something in it, that would be the s**t lol.

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
schnitz, I would expect an unpleasant visit from that guy, and I would sell the Suburban immediately, while it's still running.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aside from a ball joint that I told him was bad, and a bad battery tie down and inner fender, the thing was drivable. I didn't drive it myself because I figured any battery I put in would wind up in the road. I (like an idiot, I know) baught a battery to show him it would run, and that went down the road with it...reciept and all. God I was stupid. $65 shot down the wizzer.

Ghetto, no visit, just a kinda nasty phone call. He has the gall to think I'm going to pay him $193 for letting him fix the crap that was wrong with it. I've seen the "work" he says he did to it. Funny to say the least. I think I need to find a good lawyer.

He said in the message he left me that he was the one who did all the calling. Bullschnit! I can get the phone records. Now I'm getting mad!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not hardly! It's part of my last name. It was kinda funny though. That's the kinda thing I need right about now. A good gut busting laugh...or two.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts