Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Nothing more than a shameless John "Scary" Kerry commercial.

Centerline

·
Registered
258 Posts
Centerline said:
Nothing more than a shameless John "Scary" Kerry commercial.

Centerline
Yeah. I was going to say something about hippie liberals myself.:p

But aside from that it was done ok purely from a video stand point. I just don't understand how somebody smart enough to put that video together could be dumb enough to vote for Kerry.

·
Hotrodders.com Administrator
3,201 Posts
Low-grade propaganda. Partisan advertisement, disguised as nonpartisan "voter education".

The "John Kerry" button is the only button he pushes. And it's on top. And it even has larger lettering than the "George Bush" button.

The video wouldn't be any better or worse if the "George Bush" button was the only one he pushed. The motive of "voter education" is artificial. The more likely purpose of the video is to reinforce the visual image of someone repeatedly touching the "John Kerry" button, which happens 5 times in the video. If they really wanted to be nonpartisan, they would have shown the finger touching the "John Kerry" button half the time, and the "George Bush" button the other half the time. And they would have altered which one appears on top. And both names would have been in the same size lettering.

And the video says it's sponsored by the "national association for voter education". My search on google for that association turned up nothing, so it certainly makes me curious.

·
NYOFP4RJ3CHRIS
1,545 Posts
That was so blatantly obvious that it's insulting to ones intelligence. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
Jon said:
Low-grade propaganda. Partisan advertisement, disguised as nonpartisan "voter education".

The "John Kerry" button is the only button he pushes. And it's on top. And it even has larger lettering than the "George Bush" button.

The video wouldn't be any better or worse if the "George Bush" button was the only one he pushed. The motive of "voter education" is artificial. The more likely purpose of the video is to reinforce the visual image of someone repeatedly touching the "John Kerry" button, which happens 5 times in the video. If they really wanted to be nonpartisan, they would have shown the finger touching the "John Kerry" button half the time, and the "George Bush" button the other half the time. And they would have altered which one appears on top. And both names would have been in the same size lettering.

And the video says it's sponsored by the "national association for voter education". My search on google for that association turned up nothing, so it certainly makes me curious.
I thought it was supposed to be obvious that it was a joke? Wasn't super funny, but pretty obviously not serious. Am I the only one who thinks this?

K:confused:

·
Registered
23 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

THAT WAS THE STUPIDEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN

that had to be a joke, that add alone might have an influence on me not voting for Kerry, even though im already voting for bush:embarrass :embarrass

jj

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Jon said:

I think this is funnier then the video.

Jon that one went right over your head.

It's a joke, it's not real.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
It is just a joke, but this was done by a co-worker, not any studio, and NO, no voter education people paid for it, it is only a joke done by a co-worker. :rolleyes: some of you really want to make me question that I'm even human.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
sooo.....your not human?

I never really gave it a thought but now that your bring it up...what species are you really?? Troll maybe?

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
NYOFP4RJ3CHRIS
1,545 Posts
Re: sooo.....your not human?

tm454 said:
I never really gave it a thought but now that your bring it up...what species are you really?? Troll maybe?

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!
"Trollus maximus" would be the proper name for the species you're referring. But I think this particular species is "trollus borderlinus".:drunk: :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts