Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've just bought a set of Yukon Denali leather/power seats and want to fit them in my hot rod '53 Chevy pickup. I have cut out the original seat support pan and I will have to make supports for the two seats inner rails where the floor dips down. My question is,because these seats have the seatbelts right in the seat, will the regular mounts bolted through the floor with a gusset plate under the floor be strong enough?
Thanks,
Fringo.

·
Premium Member
8,454 Posts
I like to put a piece of 5/16" x 2" steel all the way across the floor pan and bolt all rear seat mounting bolts through the pan and strip. That will guarantee if you are going through the windshield, you will take the cab with you!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Fringo said:
Hi,
I've just bought a set of Yukon Denali leather/power seats and want to fit them in my hot rod '53 Chevy pickup.
I'd be really interested in seeing how this turns out. I have a '55F GMC, and I know it's pretty narrow up front. How about starting a project journal and posting a description and pictures of your Denali seat install? It sounds cool, and the built in seat belts sound interesting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In keeping both seats as close to the doors as I can, I end up with almost 10" between the seats in which I am going to fit a small home made seat that opens for a little bit of under seat storage. It should be big enough for a kid but thats about it cause I'm putting a burled walnut console from there to the front. The seatbelts on the seats are the same as on the Silverado and the other good thing is that the mounts for the driver and passenger seatbelts can also be used for the center lap belt. I'll try to post some pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yukon Seats Update

Well, I still can't believe that its been two years since I started this and my yukon seat project turned into, Full airbag suspension with shocks (that the truck didnt have when I got it, cause it was hydraulics), Emergency brake from a mid 80's pickup, almost full rewire with LED's along the back, new brakes all round, new Weld Draglites and tires and a whole ton of welding on the chassis (it's amazing what you can see when you're lying on your back under a truck for hours on end). I still have small jobs to do, like power windows and a couple of new speakers behind the seats, but I had the appraiser round yesterday( which I need for insurance) and now I'm about a week away from being on the road in a safe truck and It's all been worth it. I didn't post any pics but now I have some of my seat install which I will post if I can figure this damn computer out.
Fringo :thumbup: Pics are in my photo album.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea, I forgot to mention that I renovated two bathrooms, a bedroom and held down a 45 hour a week job too. It took a long time but it's not because I was sitting around doing nothing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.