Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

What is the word on Zoop Seal?,will it do what they say and last 2 years. Sure would like to here from you that have used it. Also how about the do's and don'ts on using the product. I am thinking about buying some so please let me know if I should .

THANKS---FAT 40 :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
If it sounds too good to be true.....

pepi said:
Lol Lol Lol Lol ...but really if you have alum. you just have to accept the fact that polishing is or will be a new talent and ongoing. Not a bad thing.
Absolutely agree with this statement. If you have billet/aluminum, you are going to polish it if you want it to look nice :sweat: .

Zoop seal has been tested by most of the hot rod rags(which I have to assume they were 'paid' some way or another to try it) but they have never, to the best of my knowledge, said how good it protected and appeared after a year or so - only how good it looked right after application. :eek:

Dave

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
Irelands child said:
Zoop seal has been tested by most of the hot rod rags(which I have to assume they were 'paid' some way or another to try it)

but they have never, to the best of my knowledge, said how good it protected and appeared after a year or so - only how good it looked right after application. :eek:

Dave
:welcome: I can see it now.... "We polished with this secret stuff, but we can't tell you how it looks until next January."

Geez, You are even more cynical than ME :D ... how old are you, 120????? LOL :thumbup:

Laugh, I'm being funny. :D

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
xntrik said:
:welcome: I can see it now.... "We polished with this secret stuff, but we can't tell you how it looks until next January."

Geez, You are even more cynical than ME :D ... how old are you, 120????? LOL :thumbup:

Laugh, I'm being funny. :D

Any of those 'wonder' chemicals, parts and devices are secrets when they first come out - and I seldom see any followup except maybe Popular Mechanics, Consumer's Reports or Road & Track where they do seem to have a long term test procedure - and I don't read those mags anymore except at the barber shop for various reasons - mostly due to time :sweat: .

Cynical is my middle name - after all, when you are only one day younger than dirt like me, you've see it all (or, at least a lot of it) :rolleyes: :D :D :D

Dave

·
Banned
1,828 Posts
Irelands child said:
Any of those 'wonder' chemicals, parts and devices are secrets when they first come out - and I seldom see any followup except maybe Popular Mechanics, Consumer's Reports or Road & Track where they do seem to have a long term test procedure - and I don't read those mags anymore except at the barber shop for various reasons - mostly due to time :sweat: .

Cynical is my middle name - after all, when you are only one day younger than dirt like me, you've see it all (or, at least a lot of it) :rolleyes: :D :D :D

Dave
I always get a kick out of all the spray on or add to the fuel/oil/water magic bottles of ........................... snake oil, you see in the auto stores. I am just waiting for a spray that you use after an accident that will get rid of the wrinkles. It is starting to look like the pharmacy at auto zone, wonder where the condoms are keep. ........ by the oil?

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
pepi said:
I always get a kick out of all the spray on or add to the fuel/oil/water magic bottles of ........................... snake oil, you see in the auto stores. I am just waiting for a spray that you use after an accident that will get rid of the wrinkles. It is starting to look like the pharmacy at auto zone, wonder where the condoms are keep. ........ by the oil?
I've had such fantastic improvements in gas mileage with using some of those "wonder products" in my F150 with 5.4 engine that I have barrels of gas that I have to keep siphoning out of the tank to keep it from running over. :cool: :D :D

The condoms are pegged with the HELP Products display. :rolleyes:

Dave

·
Registered
97 Posts
Zoops Seal

I tried zoops seal and I'm happy with the results.I have a 31 ford streetrod with a 871 blower and it has polished aluminun everything. I had a blower motor years ago and it seemed like I was polishing with Mothers wax all the time. After applying zoops seal all I have to do is use a little spray detailer,once in a while to get the dust off the motor.Its only been a year since I put it on, so far so good. I put the zoops on before I put the parts on the motor it seemed to be easier. Just follow the instructions and you'll be OK.

·
Administrator
18,635 Posts
I have used it.......it's OK as are most other polishing products. But I have one product that works the best of all.......It's called......."ELBOW GREASE"

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
joe k said:
I tried zoops seal and I'm happy with the results.I have a 31 ford streetrod with a 871 blower and it has polished aluminun everything. I had a blower motor years ago and it seemed like I was polishing with Mothers wax all the time. After applying zoops seal all I have to do is use a little spray detailer,once in a while to get the dust off the motor.Its only been a year since I put it on, so far so good. I put the zoops on before I put the parts on the motor it seemed to be easier. Just follow the instructions and you'll be OK.

I went to "natural alum or machined finish" ..... paint is good too.....years ago

about the same time I stopped hand washing the bottoms of cars.... :thumbup:

I'm gald to hear that there is something that doesn't absolutely have to be used every couple weeks...... :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.