Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Certifiable Streetrodder
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a really low hr. zz3 crate engine that was hurt. The previous owner put a roller pilot bearing and a lakewood bell housing in the car without indexing the bell housing, which tore the bearing out immediately, making the owner think he heard a rod knock! I tore the engine all the way down, to find that this idiot must have dropped a screw down the intake, as several pistons and the heads had marks on them. I had the engine block stripped and baked/shotpeen cleaned, installed new cam bearings and had the crank polished and the rods reconditioned. I upgraded the cam to the "hot cam" and also upgraded the timing chain to a Cloyes true roller. The intake is a Performer RPM. I had the heads resurfaced and a fresh valve job, added the lt4 valvesprings and retainers and reassembled with all g.m. gaskets. I'm waiting to buy the 1.6 roller rockers, but wonder what stall speed converter to use, and what horsepower it will make? I will be using a B+M Th 350 tranny. :cool:

·
Certifiable Streetrodder
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 2400 stall in my coupe with the zz4 engine without the hot cam, but the hot cam has more duration @.050 I was hoping someone has used this cam to give me direction.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the hot cam kit w/ 1.6 rockers and am using a 2400 converter w/ a th350 and also using a vacuum reserve cannister to help my power brakes. Idles fine in gear, and guessing w/ fastburn heads on a 355 maybe 390-415hp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.